Thursday, June 03, 2021

Smoked Chicken and White Bean Soup


Ingredients:
2 Smoked chicken legs
1 cup white beans, dry
3 Carrots, diced
3 Celery, diced
1 Onion, diced
4 Garlic clove, chopped
1 T Chipolte peppers, canned
2 Tomatoes, Diced
2 qt Water or stock

I came across precooked and smoked chicken legs. My first thought to use them were they would be good in a gumbo but I didnt have all the ingredients so a soup would be good since I had all the ingredients for it. I started by dicing all the vegetables and slowly cooking them in olive oil. Next I added the dry white beans and whole chicken legs. Filled pot with enough water so when then beans cook it would still have liquid. After simmering for a about hour I removed the chicken and shredded the meat which went back in the pot. It then simmered for another 2-3 hours till the beans were done. I added salt at the end because the chicken was salty to begin with.

It turned out great and spicy the way I like it. The chipolte can be left out if spicy is not desired. Other vegetables can be added too such as maybe kale, etc.






No comments: