Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weeknight Linguine with Clams

I had to make dinner for my girls the other night and pasta seems to be always on their menu. I get a little tired of the tomato sauce and cheese version so I had the idea of using clams in mine. I cooked a pot of linguine and added tomato sauce for them, for me I sauteed sliced garlic with chili flakes in extra virgin olive oil, when the garlic turned golden I put a can of chopped sea clams in. Yes I know fresh clams would be better, but its a weeknight and I am not going to buy only a pound of clams from my fish guys in San Francisco, so canned it is. I tossed the pasta with the sauce and fresh chopped parsley from the garden. For added flavor and texture I added toasted bread crumbs at the end. It was really good and I will have to do a fresh clam version soon.

No comments: