Oven Roasted Salmon with Mediterranean Tomatoes
|Pan Seared Salmon|
1 lemon, segments and juice
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed in water
2 tablespoons country olives, pitted and quartered
½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 pinch flat leaf parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 big bunch kale, washed and rough chopped
6 Yukon gold potatoes, sliced thick
Kosher salt/fresh cracked pepper
2. In a small bowl mix together the lemon segments, lemon juice, capers, olives, cherry tomatoes, parsley and two tablespoons of the olive oil. Set aside.
3. Season the sliced potatoes and the salmon fillets.
4. In a large heated nonstick pan, add a splash of olive oil and the potatoes and place pan in oven.
5. In a separate heated nonstick pan, add a splash of olive oil in pan, when hot place the salmon fillets in pan and put in oven.
6. After about five minutes, bring the pan of potatoes back up on to a burner and add the kale, tossing till just wilted, taste and season if necessary.
7. After five minutes, flip the salmon over, continue to cook in the oven till just done.
8. Using four oven-heated plates, divide the potato/kale mixture in the center of each plate.
9. Place a salmon fillet on top of each and spoon the tomato relish on top.
Yield = 4
Note: Any other type of fish, or chicken breasts can be substituted in this recipe.
Wine: A big Napa Chardonnay or maybe even a Russian River Pinot Noir would go nicely with this dish.