|Wine Poached Sole with Tomato Sauce|
Poached Sole with Yellow Tomato Sauce
Petrale Sole fillet, cleaned (4-5 oz per person)
2 medium Yellow tomato, rough chopped
Jumbo Gulf prawns, cleaned, shells reserved (3 per person)
1 cup White wine or vermouth
2 cloves Garlic, peeled, chopped
1 Shallot, peeled, chopped
1 Knob Butter
1. Simmer garlic, shallots and prawn shells in wine for about ten minutes then remove shells.
2. Roll the sole, season and place in wine liquid, gently poach till cooked through, remove and keep warm in low 200F oven.
3. Add tomatoes to poaching liquid and cook till soft, add a pat of butter and blend till smooth.
4. Check sauce seasoning and adjust if necessary, keep warm.
5. Saute prawns in butter and garlic till just done.
6. Place a sole roll and 3 prawns on a warm plate, spoon sauce over and garnish with arugula.
Notes: Can be served chilled. Sole can also be stuffed with sauteed spinach.