The last thing anyone wants to do is spend a lot of time making dinner during the few short hours between coming home from work and going to bed. Fast and simple comes first but the food does not have to taste like it. I made a simple Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast served with oven roasted fingerling potatoes, wild mushrooms and wilted spinach. It only took about 30-45 min from start to finish.
2 seven ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 thin slices prosciutto ham
1 handful fingerling potatoes, cut thin length wise
1 handful assorted small mushrooms
1 handful washed fresh spinach
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F and two small saute pans.
2. In one pan add a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Wrap two slices of prosciutto completely around each breast.
4. Place in pan with the hot oil, after about one minute, flip chicken over and place pan in oven.
5. In the second pan add a splash of extra virgin olive oil, when hot and the potatoes and mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in oven.
6. After about 15 minutes remove potatoes from oven and add the spinach, toss till the spinach is wilted, then place a mound of the mixture on two preheated plates.
7. Remove chicken from oven and place a breast on top of each plate, pour any pan drippings over each chicken.
The Prosciutto is salty enough that the chicken should not need any additional seasoning.