Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Swiss Chard


Today is really starting to feel like Winter and with the cool weather it brings the slow cooked comfort foods I like. While visiting a local farmers market I came across some nice organic Swiss Chard, I could not walk past them without buying some, the bright colors were amazing and I am sure that the taste would be just as good. I was thinking of doing a braise with them but decided on making flat bread with sauteed chard. The leafy vegetable was quickly cooked with lots of good olive oil and garlic then arranged on top of a crispy baked bread, excellent.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I found your blog through the "friend add" on Foodbuzz. Your blog is beautiful. I love all the beautiful photos, stories, and recipes. Check out my blog too, when you get a chance!
Thanks for sharing!