|Spicy Puttanesca Pasta with Sea Bass|
1 pound Linguine pasta
1 cup diced sea bass
1 can diced tomatoes (14oz)
1/2 cup sliced olives
1 teaspoon dry chili flakes
1/4 diced yellow onion
1/4 diced fennel bulb
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 splash of white wine
1. Saute the fennel, onion, garlic in olive oil.
2. Add the wine and tomatoes, simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Blend the sauce or leave chunky if you like, check seasoning.
4. Add the olives and chili flakes.
5. While the sauce is cooking bring 2-3 quarts of salted water to a boil.
6. cook pasta till just done, drain and add the sauce, enjoy.
Yield = 4
Note: For the sauce: chopped capers and anchovies can be added but they are salty, so watch the amount of salt added.
Cooking tip: The hot drained pasta water can be used to preheat the pasta bowls.