|Braised Chicken Leg with Creamy Polenta|
Braised Chicken Legs
4 chicken legs
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 onion, sliced thin
1 bunch fresh sage, rough chopped
3 roma tomatoes, diced
2 cup red or white wine
Dash olive oil
Kosher salt/fresh cracked pepper
1. In a deep, heavy oven-proof pot with lid, heat olive oil.
2. Season the chicken legs and place skin side down in pan to brown.
3. Turn chicken on all sides to evenly brown, add garlic, tomatoes, sage, & onions.
4. After vegetables have softened, add the wine with enough water to cover the chicken.
5. Put lid on and place in 325F oven for at least two hours.
6. Remove chicken legs and keep warm.
7. Bring liquid to a boil and cook till reduced and it becomes a slightly thickened sauce.
8. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary, spoon sauce over chicken.
Note: Great with pasta or polenta.