My daughter and I spent new years eve together and came up with the idea to making something like pot stickers.
We had a recent trip to San Francisco's other Chinatown which is on Clement street in "the avenues". We always go to her favorite noodle restaurant and the pot stickers are the first of many things that hit the table. We made won tons and cooked them like pot stickers.
1 pack won ton wrappers
1/2 pound ground pork
1/4 head green cabbage, sliced
1/4 yellow onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic
small knob ginger, sliced
1. Saute ginger, garlic, onion and cabbage.
2. In food processor, blend pork with cooked vegetables.
3. Spoon a teaspoon of filling in the middle of each won ton wrappers.
4. Wet edge of wrapper with water and fold over into a triangle.
5. fold the two corners together.
6. Steam covered for five minutes covered and enjoy with the dipping sauce of your choice.
For me I always grab the hot chili sauce!