Saturday, June 09, 2007

Crispy Pacific Seared Salmon






I am just back from a beautiful sail out to sea today and I was inspired by the many fishing boats I saw off of San Francisco. tonight I will cook seafood, I naturally choose to cook the local favorite, wild king salmon. Next to the dungeness crab, when the wild local salmon hits the market, its the thing to cook. I like to do it as simple as possible with just a few ingredients, I belive that when you have perfect ingredents that you should be able to taste them. Tonight I will do a sweet pea risotto to serve along side the salmon. There is a lot of nice flavors and textures as well as the bright colors of the ingredients. Few ingredients means fast preparation and cooking, for the salmon just a little kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to season. Then place into a smoking hot pan with just a touch of olive oil, cook till flesh is a crispy brown then flip over to finish, place fish fillet on plate with risotto then if you wish maybe a squeeze of fresh lemon, a glass of Napa Chardonnay will help complete the meal, enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you use other fish instead of Salmon?