Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lamb Loin Salad

Tied and Marinated

Pan Roasted Lamb Loin


Lamb and Arugula Salad

A popular Springtime food is lamb and I wanted to use it in a simple salad. I made a variation of this salad for a cooking interview with Chef Bradley Ogden many years ago. This time a lamb loin was tied with kitchen string and marinated overnight with Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary and garlic. Next I seasoned it with salt and pepper and browned in a hot saute pan in a touch of olive oil, then put the pan into a hot oven to finish cooking. While the lamb was cooking, I put together a few ingredients for a simple salad, arugula, caramelized onions and a creamy tarragon dressing. The cooked lamb after a brief rest was thinly sliced and place on the dressed greens. I did get the job many years ago, and doing this salad always reminds me of that.

No comments: