Coconut Curried Squid
1 pound Fresh Squid, cut and cleaned 6 oz Coconut milk*
1 Carrot, peeled and sliced thick
2 cloves Garlic, sliced
1/4 Yellow Onion, sliced thin
Dash of Vegetable oil
1 small knob Ginger, grated
3 Kefir lime leaves*
1 Teaspoon Thai Yellow Curry paste*
1 Dash Fish Sauce*
1 Tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
1/2 Cup Water
1. Saute the carrot, onion, garlic and curry paste in the olive oil for a few minutes.
2. Add the squid, lime leaf, water, fish sauce, coconut milk, bring to a low simmer, cover.
3. After about 20-30 minutes, remove lid and let the liquid cook till it reduces and becomes slightly thickened.
4. Remove the lime leaf and add the chopped cilantro, check for seasoning, it should be salty enough from the fish sauce.
Serving Note: Great with steamed Jasmine Rice and a squeeze of fresh lime.
* These products can be found out Asian or specialty markets.