Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day Grilled Chicken

Grilling Salsa Ingredients

Marinated Chicken Thighs Grilling


Spicy Grilled Chicken with Charred Salsa

On this American holiday of honoring fathers I think it's a tradition to do the cooking for dads, but for me I would rather be in front of the stove. The weather today was simply flawless and after a afternoon sail on San Francisco Bay with the kids, it was time to get cooking. Yesterday planning ahead I marinated chicken thighs in garlic and dry chili peppers. First on the list besides a rum and pineapple juice drink, is to start a hard wood charcoal fire. Next when the fire was ready, I char grilled white onions, jalapenos and tomatillos, then I blended them with cilantro and lime juice. Salsa's ready. Next the chicken goes on the grill and slowly cooks using indirect heat so the dripping fat will not flare up and burn the chicken. When done, the chicken is served with pinto beans and grilled onions, very nice!

No comments: