Monday, June 27, 2011

Scottish Salmon Fillet Wrapped in Bacon



I came across a nice piece of Loch Duart Scottish Salmon and I immediately had the idea of tightly wrapping it in smokey bacon. When it cooks it will still be crisp on the outside yet still be a good medium rare inside, perfect. This salmon will not need any additional seasoning because of the saltiness of the bacon, to cook I simply roll it on all sides while cooking slowly in a non stick pan till brown and crispy, I let it rest for a few minutes before cutting. I made a risotto using fresh English peas from the garden. Only a few ingredients and an hour of my time for dinner tonight.


Note: Loch Duart Salmon is a Scottish farmed salmon that in addition to being sustainable has won many environmental awards because of its aquaculture program, it can be found in better markets around the country.

No comments: