Friday, February 16, 2007

Slow food

Allot of people are becoming more concerned about unhealthy mass produced fast foods that are being spreading around the world in the form of franchise food chains. A non-profit organization called slow food originating in Italy in 1989, with the idea of holding on to food traditions and the simple cooking of fresh local foods before the days of microwaves and mass processing. I am all for it, I was never really into fast foods and now I stay away completely. My kids haven't been to Mc Donald's in years and have no desire to eat frozen processed foods. I love the fact that my kids are now learning to cook from scratch using fresh local organic foods, often from the local farmers market. Only a occasional can of tomatoes might be used in the winter and only because winter tomatoes are poor quality and have traveled across a few time zones.

No comments: