A perfect Summer food idea in a small bite size bundle, with only a few ingredients, its the best way to showcase amazing Summer flavors. The herb goat cheese filling provides a creamy yet tangy flavor which contrasts with the sweet acidic cherry tomato sauce. This is very good as a small first course or maybe it can be served skewered and passed at a Cocktail party.
6 oz. Goat Cheese
1/4 bun Sweet basil, sliced
1 Green Zucchini, sliced long & thin
1/2 basket Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed
1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped
1. Mix the Goat cheese with basil and stir into a smooth paste, add a touch of water if necessary .
2. Slice the Zucchini into long thin strips using a mandolin or chefs knife.
3. Season and grill the zucchini till tender but not too soft, drizzle with olive oil.
4. Make a chunky sauce with the olive oil, garlic and cherry tomatoes, season to taste.
5. Place a small mound of the goat cheese mixture on one end of the squash and roll up.
6. Serve the roulades with a spoonful of rustic tomato sauce.
Yield = 12 bite size rolls