Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Ready for Summer with Grilled Pork Chops



Grilled Marinated Pork Chop with Potato Cake, Kale and Apricot Compote

Chops with Garlic, White Wine and Fresh Thyme

Grilling over Charcoal

I had a craving for something on the grill tonight and I chose a pair of big thick-cut pork chops to cook.
The pork was simply marinated in white wine, garlic and fresh thyme from the garden. While these chops soaked in the flavors, I started a hardwood charcoal fire. This gave me time to make the sides of fresh apricot chutney, potato cakes and cleaning kale which I will later cook on the grill.
With a glowing hot fire the chops go on and cook on both sides till just done, about 15 minutes total time. The kale I served with it was cooked in a sauté pan over the same coals.  I served a chilled rose wine with it and it was great-craving satisfied!

No comments: