This Thai inspired curry has all the flavors that I love and if I close my eyes I can almost be back walking and eating on the streets of Bangkok, I really need to plan a trip back soon. Thailand's flavors are a mixture of sweet, sour, spicy and salty, this easy curry has them all.
1/2 Globe Eggplant, Diced small
1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced small
3 Garlic cloves, Diced thin
1 Small carrot, peeled and sliced thin
1 Jalapeno, Sliced (optional if you like heat)
1 Teaspoon Thai curry Paste**
1 cup unsweetened Coconut milk
1 dash Fish Sauce*
1 pinch Cilantro, Rough Chop
1 pinch Basil, Rough chop
2 Kaffir Citrus leafs*
1 Teaspoon Ginger, Grated
1. Saute the onion, garlic, ginger, eggplant, curry paste and jalapeno in a dash of vegetable oil.
2. When Vegetables are almost done, add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
3. When the curry has slightly thickened and the vegetables are tender its ready.
4. Remove and discard the kaffir leafs, serve with a steamed rice such as Jasmine.
* These ingredients can be found in Asian markets, **There are normally three types of thai curry paste. Green, yellow and red with the green being the hottest.