1 pound ground beef
2 carrots, peeled
2 stalks celery
1 small yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
1 can good quality crushed tomatoes
1 dash extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt/pepper to taste
1. Rough cut all the vegetables in a food processor (pulse)
2. Saute them with the olive oil and bay leaf.
3. Add ground beef and cook while breaking up into small pieces.
4. Add tomatoes, bring to a low simmer.
5. Add water when necessary to keep from burning or getting to thick.
6. Cook pasta till just done, drain and place into warm bowls.
7. After checking sauce seasoning ladle onto pasta and add grated Parmesan cheese.
Tip: Use the hot pasta cooking water to pre-warm the bowls when you drain the pasta.