Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chicken Enchilada's

I was in the mood for Latin food tonight which happens to be quite often, so I made chicken Enchiladas. Sometimes these can be heavy with allot of sauce and cheese and I wanted a lighter and more nutritious version. I used less cheese in the filling and adding spicy beans as a sauce over the grilled chicken stuffed and rolled tortillas. I always finish with plenty of chopped cilantro sprinkled on top.

Ingredients:
8 Corn Tortillas, heated till soft
2 Grilled Chicken breasts, diced
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Pinto beans, cooked
1 cup Mild red Enchilada sauce
Cilantro, chopped

Method:
1. Fill and roll the Tortillas with the Cheese and Chicken.
2. Arrange in oven proof pan.
3. Spoon Enchilada sauce over.
4. Cover with foil and heat in 350F oven for about 20-30 minutes.
5. Heat Pinto beans with a little sauce.
6. Place 2-3 Enchiladas per plate and spoon the warm Pinto beans over the top.
7. Sprinkle with Cilantro.

No comments: