Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Time Ceviche

When the weather gets hot any kind of chilled dish sounds good. I kept this in mind when I looked at the pristine fillet of Alaskan Halibut I had on hand. The first thing that came to mind was making a simple South American style ceviche using flavors that I love, chili peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Ceviche is a common dish found in many coastal cities of Central and South America, its made primarily from just two ingredients fish and citrus juice. The citrus juice chemically cooks the fish while still maintaining its texture and flavor. The rest of the ingredient's added are any flavors that you like which will add interesting textures, color and flavor. Tonight I used ingredients that I had on hand including diced jalapeno, cilantro, cherry tomato and crispy corn tortilla strips. Light and very refreshing, perfect for a Summer evening.

No comments: