|Grilled Curry Chicken Thighs|
|Grilled Eggplant & Chick Pea Salad|
It was a case of asking my standard question "what to make for dinner?" Well how about doing curry spiced grilled chicken with a tossed salad of spinach, chick peas, grilled onions and eggplant? Yes, that sounded good and it was; absolutely perfect for a warm Summer's night.
Curry Spiced Chicken with Chick Pea Salad
8 Chicken thighs, bone-in
3 T Curry paste*
1 Eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thin
1 Red onion, peeled and quartered
4 Garlic cloves, chopped
2 C Cooked/drained chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 t Ground cumin
1 T Red wine vinegar
1/2 C Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Bunch cilantro, chopped
1 Sprig mint, chopped
8 oz Fresh washed spinach
1/2 c Raisins
1/2 c Sliced almonds
1. Marinate the chicken in curry paste for at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. Light a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill.
3. When fire is hot, carefully cook the seasoned and marinated chicken till cooked through but being careful not to burn it. (180F internal)
4. Sharing the same grill, cook the eggplant and onions till golden and tender.
5. After allowing the vegetables to cool, cut into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl.
6. Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and mix well, check and adjust the seasoning.
Note: Serve the salad along with the grilled chicken.
Yield = 4
*Curry paste available at middle eastern or specialty food stores